Caring for Your Jewellery
Your unique luxury fashion jewellery designs are made to last. With personal care and attention, these handmade and crafted pieces can last a lifetime. Just apply these few simple tips:
• Wrap your pieces in tissue paper and make sure you store your jewellery in a box or pouch. Do not store multiple pieces in the same box or pouch but separately. This keeps air away from your jewellery, reducing the risk of tarnish. A jewellery box or drawer with separate compartments is another great way to store jewellery and keep them away from dust and moisture.
• If your jewellery is tarnished there are several ways to clean it. Apply a baking soda based toothpaste and clean with a soft brush or cloth. The baking soda will give your jewellery an immaculate shine. Alternatively use a tarnish cloth to wipe and shine your pieces. Baking soda is also great for shining real gems and helps to make diamonds sparkle.
• Do not throw away your jewellery if broken. Many jewellery breaks can be repaired with jump rings, new clasps, new eye pins or head pins. If you lose an earring use the other one as a pendant rather than throwing it away.
• Keep your jewellery away from water, chemicals and cosmetics and do not wear your jewellery when engaging in sporting activities or housework.
• Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off while dressing and undressing. This way you will avoid the cosmetics and chemicals that spill, stain or drop on jewellery and this could destroy them. You should avoid getting chemicals such as perfume, hair spray, deodorant, household cleaning fluids near your jewellery.
• Do not let your jewellery drop or bounce against objects as this can cause scratches and abrasions to occur. Try not to wear the same pieces everyday but alternate them and mix and match your pieces which will protect and help to preserve them.